Thursday, July 3, 2008

My Friend's Visit: Meeting at Narita

Back to Narita Airport again!

This morning I had to get up at 6am (the earliest I've had to get up so far in Japan) to go and meet my friend David at the airport.

I did consider taking the train, but in the end I decided it was too much hassle and took the Limousine Bus. Because I live very close to the Tokyo City Air Terminal (東京シティーエアーターミナル) it was a short walk there to buy my ticket for the 6.30 bus to Narita Airport.

It costs Y2,900 for an adult one way, so it's much more than the train. A normal train by JR Sobu line (総武線) or Keisei line (京成線) costs about Y1,000, and a limited express Narita Express N'EX from Tokyo station, or Keisei Skyliner from Ueno is around Y2,000.

But it was very easy and convenient for me.

I arrived at 7.35 and he came through customs at 7.50 so it worked very well. I was waiting for him when he came through the gate.

Of course he filled me in on all the news from my friends in Birmingham, and we took the bus back to my guesthouse.

He was very tired after the long trip, and I'm actually quite tired too as I only had four hours sleep!

We'll have a relaxed afternoon, but we might go for a walk around my local area, and then start proper sightseeing when we've recovered a bit tomorrow.

No comments: