Saturday, October 24, 2009

Mid-term Results

I got my results for the writing mid-term exams I did last week back on Wednesday. There were three sections - kanji, grammar, and reading comprehension.

For both the kanji and reading sections I got 47/50, and for grammar I got 41.5/50. So that means I got 90.3% overall, which is just over the boundary for an A!

I never thought I'd get an A! With the grade boundaries being so much higher than in Britain, I'm just not used to aiming so high. But it was a very nice surprise! I was taken aback that the reading comprehension went as well as kanji, as I found it much more difficult than both of the other sections. Looks like I need to work harder on the grammar next time!

I also had a speaking test, but we've only had general feedback back from that, and not individual grades. I don't hold out any high hopes though. Writing is definitely my strong-point.

Tonight I'm going to an onsen (hot spring) on the other side of Tokyo, so I'll write a post about how it goes tomorrow!

No comments: