Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Third Year Easter Holiday

This next post is on a much lighter note than the previous one about the March 2011 tsunami. This one is about my life! So probably a much less interesting post...

But basically my life over the last four months since the Christmas break has comprised of essays and deadlines! Third year is definitely a lot more work, and the level of dedication and intelligence required of us is higher. But I'm still enjoying it so that's got to be a good thing!

I had a Modern Japanese History essay about the role of the West in Japan's modernisation process in for last week, and that went okay, I think! This Easter I have a Creative Writing (my elective subject) portfolio to submit for my final piece, and a Critical Approaches to East Asian Studies essay about missionaries. So the topics I'm studying cover a wide range of information, which is good. Variety definitely helps when you're studying a subject in depth.

The problem is that I'm working at Cadbury World again this Easter, so I have very little free time! And two weeks after the essay deadlines I have three final exams, which will be tough.

But after that I'm free for the summer from the end of May! I'm hoping to do a bit of travel before working over the summer holiday. I want to see some places closer to home while I have the free time without commitments, otherwise I might never see them! I still haven't been to Ireland, and it's right next to me! Places I'm hoping to visit include Amsterdam and Greece, but we'll see if those plans come to fruition. It all depends on money I suppose.

Anyway, I suppose I should get back to my Creative Writing piece! Wish me luck...

No comments: