Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My Brother's Visit: Arrival

This morning I went to Narita Airport to pick up my youngest brother, Dominic. He's come to Japan for a ten-day holiday, to spend some time with me in Tokyo.

I spent the night on the sofa at my old house in Chuo-ku, because it's a lot closer to Narita Airport, and it meant I could get out of Tokyo without hitting any of the morning rush hour trains.

I didn't have a great night's sleep, about four hours, but that was all forgotten once I'd met him and we started chatting. We took the train back to my guesthouse, which takes between 2 and 2 and a half hours. But it seemed to go a lot quicker with him there.

It's so nice to have him here! I get on very well with my brothers, so it's like having a friend stay with me.

He's absolutely exhausted right now, and I'm quite tired, so we'll have an early night, and then we're going to Kamakura to see the big Buddha statue tomorrow with some friends from ICU. And it should be lovely because the cherry blossom is still in full bloom! (And this is the second time in my brother's life that he's seen Japan covered in blossom, because he came in Spring two years ago as well! Not many 15 year olds can say that they've done that, especially coming on their own the second time...)

And of course I can't wait for my 21st birthday on Friday!

2 comments:

Fire Usagi said...

Happy birthday! (here it is still the 9th...)

Many spring children, including my-self... yet i'm 2 years your senior. Hope it was eventful and fun.

Miles said...

Thank you, yes my birthday was amazing! I had a fantastic time : )

Miles