Thursday, January 7, 2010

Job Application

Because my dire money situation has been getting me down over the past couple of months, I've been eagerly waiting for a time close enough to when I can pick up my Work Permit from the Tachikawa Immigration Bureau for me to apply for a job.

I decided to apply at my old company, Gaba English conversation school, because they offer amazing flexibility that I really need with my constantly changing University schedule. So I used my old CV on Gaijin Pot.com to apply, after updating it with my past year's experience. Gaijin Pot is a website that allows foreigners to make a CV online and apply for jobs and apartments etc. It's the only way to apply for jobs at Gaba.

When I applied, I didn't actually have my Work Permit, but I can pick it up tomorrow, and Gaba still haven't gotten back to me, so I think I timed it okay.

I really really hope my application is successful, because I am quite far into my student overdraft already. If I didn't have that, I would have to leave Japan and quit University. It's the first time in my life that I've ever been in minus money, and it's a horrible feeling. Every time I buy something, I know I'm spending money I don't really have.

There is a chance I can get the JASSO Scholarship for three months (January to March), which is Y80,000 (£500) a month! ICU sent me an email about it a month ago, but they said that I'd hear back from them by the end of December, once JASSO had screened all of the new applicants. So I don't hold out much hope of getting it now.

So fingers crossed I can get the job!

No comments: