Thursday, September 10, 2009

First Karaoke Of The Trip

Well, if you've read this blog for a while, you'll know I have a love for karaoke. Not something I ever thought I'd enjoy, let alone want to go to every week, but that's what Japan does to you I suppose!

We met a couple of friends who were exchange students at the Leeds University last year at the ultimate meeting place - Hachiko entrance in Shibuya. One of them had arrived in Tokyo from Fukuoka (on the southern island of Kyushu) that morning, and it was only her second time ever to visit Tokyo! The other lives in Yokohama, so she had less distance to travel!

We followed my old routine and went to a cheap restaurant about ten minutes walk from Shibuya station.

And after that we walked a couple of doors down and went into a karaoke bar I'd been in countless times before. We sang for an hour, which cost Y600 per person.

I was the first person to sing, and I had to do it. I sang my favourite Perfume song - Secret Secret. It's just so good!




I had an amazing time - I can't wait to go again! Maybe this weekend...

2 comments:

atheistwithfaith said...

What about TOUCH MY BODY?!

Miles said...

I'm saving that little secret for karaoke with the old Sakura House lot ; )