Sunday, March 9, 2008

Tearful Farewell

One of my housemates moved out this morning. Hyunwoo went back home to Korea.

It wasn't quite a tearful goodbye, but it was very sad. He was the first housemate I met, and he's been so helpful to me, helping me buy my Softbank phone, and chatting to me, teaching me Japanese. We even did an interview for his blog on language learning and how I came to Japan, which might be interesting for you.

And although there was quite a sizeable age difference (9 years in international terms, but 11 in Korean years because when Koreans are born they are 1 year old, then as soon as New Year passes, they become 2) he will become one of my best friends for life, as will everyone I've met here.

I wish him every success in the future, and with his language learning (not that he needs much luck in that department!) and I look forward to seeing him again, wherever that may be.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Miles, thanks for the post, and it was GREAT meeting you in Tokyo. I'm soooo glad that I decided to move into THAT specific guest house among some hundreds of guest houses that SAKURA HOUSE has in Tokyo, because I met you and all the other nice housemates whom I'll never forget !! And I will definitely see you before you leave Japan. You can take my word for it! :-) Until then, I will talk to you through comments and emails! Take care!! And keep exploring Japan !