Saturday, February 9, 2008

First Day at Gaba

Yes, it happened!

I had my first proper day teaching at Gaba today. I had put myself down to work for 6 lessons, but only 4 of them got booked, so I left earlier than I expected.

It actually went okay, and wasn't too tiring. The students I had were all very nice and I taught my first male students (all the private students are female)! I think I prefer teaching women because they're slightly less intimidating than men, especially as they're all older than me!

It was quite enjoyable, a lot of the lessons were basically just chatting and not a lot of textbook work, which was good.

My very first lesson was Business English, and I was the third lesson in a row for the student, so I had absolutely no idea where she would be in the book! But it turned out she wanted to chat and get to know me a bit for the first half of the lesson, then we did a bit of light book work.

I put myself down for the same hours for tomorrow, but only 2 of them have been booked, at the beginning and the end of the day! So I might close the ones in the middle and go for a wander through Harajuku again, as it's only just down the road.

There is a 24-hour McDonalds basically next door so I might be tempted!! No!!

No comments: