Thursday, February 7, 2008

Third Demo Lesson

So many of these!! This one was arranged last-minute last night and first thing this morning so it was a bit of a rush-job, but it turned out okay.

This one was in Omotesando, conveniently close to my Gaba school, in... guess where, a Starbucks! But today I got the right location, and person.

She actually asked me as we passed on the stairs if I was "Neil" and I said, "Sorry, no" and we went on our merry way. But then I started thinking... Neil? Nile? Niles? Miles!

Then I saw her coming back down the stairs reading something on her phone, mouthing the word 'Miles' so I went to tell her that I was the person she was looking for after all!

We had a great chat, and she said that she would like me to work through some TOEIC Business English textbooks she had. Which was fine by me. Her English was incredibly good, she must have been fluent, so she obviously wanted to feel more confident speaking in business situations.

We arranged to meet for 2-hour lessons in the lounge of her apartment building nearby once a week, starting next Thursday.

She said that she requested a female North American teacher from the Foreign Instructor Centre and got me! A British male! The other students have all asked me how old I am so I don't know how much information they're actually getting from the company! But maybe that works to my advantage because of my age.

I got another few offers for private students, and I slotted one into my busy schedule because she lives just across the river from me, so we'll see if that comes to anything in the next couple of days.

No comments: