Thursday, February 7, 2008

Time Again

I have been here a month today.

What a weird feeling!

I know I've said that before but it really is. I haven't had time to take in half the things I've seen and done, and whenever I think about the trip I feel like I haven't started it yet and I'm still nervous about going! Really really strange...

I think I'll only be able to truly look back on everything when I go home (hopefully in August if everything goes to plan) because it's all too present and happening now. The pace of life is so quick, and it's jobs one day, and touristing the next, there's no time to stop and just think.

I can't believe I've been here for a month. Time has gone quickly, definitely. Much much quicker than I expected.

And still no walls! I've thought about what it would be like to pack my bags, catch a bus from Tokyo City Air Terminal down the road, and catch the first available flight back to the UK, but that was just a passing thought, no reality in it. Besides, I didn't like the outcome of that. I imagined how nice it would be to be in my house, then sleep in my bed, and wake up with my family, but then... what would I do? Teach an English lesson in one of the world's busiest stations, then go for a wander through Ueno Park, visiting the Tokyo National Museum? Not likely in Northfield!

I wonder if time will slow down from now, once I start working, or if it will stay at this fast pace. The days blended into each other when I worked at Cadbury World, but maybe because teaching is more dynamic and creative, it will be different?

Only time will tell. Yes, time!

2 comments:

oyp♥ said...

How long will you stay in Japan? A year?

Miles said...

Hi Yumi,

If all goes to plan, I'll be here for seven months in total, until the beginning of August.

Thanks for reading!

Miles