Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Poignant 'Family Guy' Quote

Not often you see 'poignant' and 'Family Guy' in the same sentence is it?

I was watching an episode on Family Guy Now.com last night, and Stewie (the talking baby) said "I've always fancied Prague. You know, teaching English. Basically just bumming around for a year." That made me laugh quite a lot.

Just a quick update on my day, I had a lesson with a private student at lunchtime, then came home, via the Y105 shop, where I bought a rice bowl (everyone else in my guesthouse has one and I felt left out) and a new tea-towel, as the current one is filthy beyond washing. I passed a fruit and veg shop, where I saw a woman buy a lemon and then start to eat it like an orange! How gross.

In the evening, I went to Gaba and taught three lessons (I put myself down for four). The train on the way was extremely empty, but got extremely busy at Nagatacho. It was rush-hour after all. I passed a Valentine's Day chocolate stand in Omotesando station, which was swarming with women buying last-minute presents.

On the way home from Gaba, I saw an amazing advert on the train for a new flavoured McFlurry where there were dancers acting as the ice cream swirling around with chocolate sauce and chocolate pieces. It made me hungry.

Because it randomly ties in with this post, I made the foolish mistake of using the word 'poignant' in an English lesson, and then spent quite a bit of time trying to explain what I meant!

No comments: