Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Gaba Certification Day Two

I don't know if there's much I can say really.

The bottom line is - it's hard work! I'm soooo tired now. The amount of different textbooks, methods, rules and practices is crazy! But the hope is that it will all be worth it when that first pay check comes in.

Incidentally, that pay check will be on March 25th, as they pay for the previous month's work on the 25th of every month and I will start sometime in February, probably next week.

Sorry this hasn't been the most informative of posts, my brain is more than slightly mushy. I will update properly on Friday I think.

Hope you're doing well! Let me know if want any questions answering or if you're interested in something I haven't really discussed, and maybe I can help you out.

Miles

4 comments:

juju said...

wow! i wish i had stumbled upon your blog earlier. your story is incredibly similar to mine, as i arrived in tokyo probably a few days before you did.

my gaba info sesssion was last week, 2nd interview yesterday, contract signing this friday, and training this weekend! i totally felt embarassed when i couldnt get the grammar section of the info session package right! but oh well, i knew most people in the room probably didnt know it either, as usually native speakers dont know all those technical terms.

anyway! looking forward to your post about gaba certification day 3. good luck =)

- julia

Miles said...

Sounds like we're living in the same timeline, we're just not quite in synch!

Good luck with the training! The grammar really threw me, I was like "What? Huh? I've studied English for over 10 years, and I have no idea!"

Let me know how you get on!

Miles

AGin said...

Hello, I just started reading your blog. I'm also planning to work for Gaba and hoping to start next month. Since my posting is two years late, I was wondering if you enjoyed your time working for Gaba? And if you'd recommend others to work there? Thanks :)

Miles said...

Hi Ren!

Thank you for your message! Sorry it's taken me such a long time to reply.

I would definitely recommend working at Gaba, I had a great time working there. The students were lovely and I really enjoyed teaching them.

I think you'll have a fantastic time working at Gaba.

Best of luck!

Miles