Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Softbank update

Well I rang Softbank phone company today from a payphone at the Tokyo City Air Terminal (TCAT) to find out if there was any way that I, being 18, and a foreigner, could buy a pre-paid (Pay-as-you-go in the UK) phone from them. And they said yes!

Apparently if I take someone over 20 with me (if they are foreign they need an Alien Registration card and a passport, if Japanese just a passport) and they can buy the handset and first pre-paid card for me. Then I can continue buying the top-up pre-paid cards from normal convenience stores! Sounds good right?

Now all I need to do is find someone willing to help me out... Unfortunately the Japanese friend I went out with on Monday is moving to Osaka tomorrow so that's a no! So I will ask some of my housemates and see if any of them can spare a couple of hours soon. Maybe I'll offer to buy them a meal or something...

In other news, it's a lovely day in Tokyo. Chilly but bright. I cooked my first meal for brunch this morning - fried egg and sausage sandwich. Okay, so it's not very Japanese... but I've never cooked Japanese food before! (Besides rice and noodles before anyone interjects there!)

My room was looking a little dusty so I opened the window and gave it a vacuum (supplied by Sakura House) and now it's sparkling.
These are the views from my window. They look nice in the sun, and when spring comes and those trees blossom and bloom, I bet they will look spectacular!
Hope you have a nice day, whatever you do.

No comments: